An annual baseline physical examination is the foundation of your health maintenance. Your doctor will conduct and coordinate a comprehensive evaluation of your current health and any previous health problems you may have had. In order to determine any future risk factors due to heredity, stress, or lifestyle, he will also ask you about your family, career and social history.
The laboratory tests listed below include a complete blood count, lipid profile, urinalysis, and blood chemistries. They are conducted to reveal any potential risks for issues such as atherosclerosis, which can cause heart disease or stroke, diabetes, anemia, gout, liver disease, and kidney disorders.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Complete Metabolic Profile (CMP)
- Gamma Glutomyltransferase (GGT)
- Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH)
- Uric Acid
- Lipid Profile
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- C-Reactive Protein
- PSA – A blood test to detect prostate cancer in men.